Friday, August 24, 2012

Monkey Business






Birthday Card time!  They are always my favorite kind of cards to make. (mostly because they always get used).  Here is what I did to make this one:  I stamped and heat embossed a sock monkey stamp from Stampin' up and then colored using a water brush and dye inks.  I used a copic multiliner pen in black to add the balloon strings, 'cause every balloon needs string to hang on to!  I added a couple eyelets and tied them with some polka-dot ribbon I had in my stash.  Then the card is finished by popping up the cupcake and balloon w/ 3-d dots.  The second picture is of the inside of the card, and the envelope!  Thanks for hosting another fun challenge Amy!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

That sock monkey is so stinkin' cute, Saundra!! Very fun birthday card, love it!

Raven said...

I too, have much love for the sock monkey! Also a great choice for the color combo on t his one...
Takes the Cake!