Just starting on a new canvas. Got her sketched out and lightly color blocked with PanPastels. This is an big painting for me, and I feel a little out of my safe zone. Also it is a request and a gift.....Oh the pressure! The mermaid image is based on a rubber stamp that I have, I figured it would give me a nice starting point. I plan to document the process here and see how this painting evolves. Alright everybody, hold your breath, its time to dive in!
I am using my Cricut machine to make Prima style flowers using cone shaped coffee filters and coloring them w/ various inks. They cut very flat, and then I add dimension by scoring and embossing them by hand. A good way to get just the right color flower for a project. Click here to download a tutorial PDF. Click here for the CUT file if you have Cricut Design Studio and the George cartridge

Comments