Skip to main content

Mermaid

Just starting on a new canvas.  Got her sketched out and lightly color blocked with PanPastels.  This is an big painting for me, and I feel a little out of my safe zone.  Also it is a request and a gift.....Oh the pressure!  The mermaid image is based on a rubber stamp that I have, I figured it would give me a nice starting point.  I plan to document the process here and see how this painting evolves.  Alright everybody, hold your breath, its time to dive in!

Comments

Natalie said…
You are so brave, but I've got confidence in you! I know it will turn out fabulously! Looking forward in seeing your next addition.
Raven said…
Okay my fellow procrastinator. ..we want to see an updated picture of this beauty.

Popular posts from this blog

vampire book

vampire book Originally uploaded by saunjune This is a vampire themed chipboard mini book I taught at Scrappers Edge last night. We used the bind-it-all to assemble the book and Tim Holtz On the Edge dies to create the shaped edges. The drippy blood is drips of Glimmer Glam paint. I printed vampire quotes onto red vellum and embellished with velvet paper swirl punches, velvet photo corners, lace and lots of bling! It was a fiendishly good time! (The scary little kids are mine, dressed up for halloween 2 years ago).

Geisha faux postage ATC

Geisha faux postage Originally uploaded by saunjune I made most of this card sometime ago.  It is the second card I am sending Jennifer!  The background was made by inking the inside of a plastic folder, a few drips from 2 - 3 different colors, then squishing a glossy sheet of paper between the inked up folder.  I will try to make a tutorial to explain that better.  (I just have to find some time first...lol).  It was then stamped w/ Staz-on ink in black, I think I used a Hero Arts stamp, but I could be wrong.  And I really don't want to dig through my cache of rubber stamps right now to find out.  :)  I stamped over the geisha image with postal themed stamps, then mounted the image to some fancy hand screened, yummy, fiber-y paper.  Tah-da!