Skip to main content

Cricut Halloween Luminary



This is the Halloween project I taught at this months Pixie Stick Club. Pixie Stick Club is the kid's class at our local scrapbook store (Scrapper's Edge).

Ingredients:
Cricut machine
George, Paper Doll Dress Up cartridges
Bazzill heavy black cardstock
Mrs. Grossman's lavender vellum
Making Memories glitter Halloween stickers
Making Memories foam stamps
white and glow in the dark acrylic paint
cob webs
plastic spider rings
electric votive candle (don't use a real candle)

The luminary base was cut from heavy cardstock using my Cricut machine and the Design Studio Software. The window section is backed by a 4.5 x 4.5 square of vellum. Use a 2-way glue pen on the back of the castle and bat to adhere them to the vellum, and plain scotch tape to attach the outer edge of the vellum to the inside of the luminary. Embellish with paint and stickers. When the paint is dry roll the luminary into a cylinder to shape it, I used a rolling pin. Tape the edges together on the inside of the back, top with cob webs and plastic spiders. I cut a slit in the rings and looped them through the pickets on top. Put an electric votive candle or glow stick inside and oooooh! Creepy Halloween fun!

Click here for CUT file

Comments

Unknown said…
Those luminaries are fabulous! I'm the Marketing Director at Mrs. Grossman's and we love to see how people are using our products!

Thank you for sharing this great project!

-Lara Starr
Mrs. Grossman's
www.mrsgrossmans.com
lstarr@mgpc.net
Anonymous said…
What an awesome project! TFS! I also love those faux prima flowers!!

Popular posts from this blog

vampire book

vampire book Originally uploaded by saunjune This is a vampire themed chipboard mini book I taught at Scrappers Edge last night. We used the bind-it-all to assemble the book and Tim Holtz On the Edge dies to create the shaped edges. The drippy blood is drips of Glimmer Glam paint. I printed vampire quotes onto red vellum and embellished with velvet paper swirl punches, velvet photo corners, lace and lots of bling! It was a fiendishly good time! (The scary little kids are mine, dressed up for halloween 2 years ago).

Gathering all of my eggs in one basket

I am going to attempt to gather all of my past projects and art tid -bits to post on this blog. That means lots of sorting and seeking. I am now blogging via laptop, and most of my older pics are hiding out on the family desktop. Keep your fingers crossed, and we'll see how long it takes me! LOL For now here are some pics from recent projects. Fairy images by Lisa's Altered Art